Media & Video Internship for FOUR YEARS. GO. (September 2010)
FOUR YEARS. GO. Media & Video Internship (Possible Futures Video Contest)
Location: San Francisco, CA
About FOUR YEARS. GO.
FOUR YEARS. GO. is a global communications and awareness campaign with a bold vision of changing the course of history, to shift humanity onto a sustainable, just and fulfilling path by 2014. We will do this by first encouraging individuals and organizations to join us in this commitment and then by empowering them with tools to collaborate in this effort. You can learn more at http://www.fouryearsgo.org
Description of Role
The Media & Video Intern for FOUR YEARS. GO. will provide integral support to our Media and Marketing team in researching and implementing the next phase of the FOUR YEARS. GO. Campaign, called the “Possible Futures” Video Contest. This is an excellent opportunity to learn how to launch, manage and execute an online, viral, user-generated, video contest with a positive mission. You will learn about the best practices of engaging online communities through incentivized viral marketing. This will be a great experience that will provide admirable skills that will prepare you in your future careers.
- Hours: 10 hours per week at minimum
- Location: A combination of working from home and coming into our office (dependent on your schedule and availability)
- Duration: A five month to six month commitment preferred
- Start date: As soon as possible
- Payment: This is an unpaid internship
- Researching cutting edge techniques and best practices for online marketing and viral video contest production and promotion.
- Engaging online communities with the incentivized viral marketing.
- Ensuring that FOUR YEARS. GO. is an active online community member
- Creating and executing email campaigns
- Tracking progress and results and reporting to the Media/Marketing Project Manager
- Basic knowledge of online video platforms (ie. YouTube, Vimeo, etc.)
- Experience with video uploads, storage and playback
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to tailor messaging to target audiences
- Proficiency with computers and internet
- Desire to take initiative and work independently
- This is an educational internship, so you will learn valuable skills related to video and marketing. You are not expected to come prepared with all of these skills.
How To Apply
Please send your resume and a cover letter to email@example.com. Please send the email with the subject line “4YG Media & Video Marketing Internship Application – Your Name.”
blog comments powered by Disqus