Outreach Coordinator Internship for FOUR YEARS. GO. (September 2010)
Outreach Coordinator Internship for FOUR YEARS. GO.
Location: San Francisco, CA
About FOUR YEARS. GO.
FOUR YEARS. GO. is a global communications and awareness campaign with a bold vision of changing the course of history, to shift humanity onto a sustainable, just and fulfilling path by 2014. We will do this by first encouraging individuals and organizations to join us in this commitment and then by empowering them with tools to collaborate in this effort. You can learn more at http://www.fouryearsgo.org
Description of Role
FOUR YEARS. GO. currently exists primarily as an online campaign, but also has a large role in coordinating and collaborating with our network of 700+ organizations. Our work is to maintain contact with our allied organizations and support them by connecting them with our network of resources. This means that our work and global presence must be top notch, incorporating cutting edge techniques for outreach and engagement and utilizing absolute best practices. The Outreach Coordinator Intern will provide integral support to FOUR YEARS. GO. staff, partner organizations and global networks by balancing an array of outreach projects including coalition building, allied organization engagement, and helping to coordinate the FOUR YEARS. GO. Pulse Page, our on-line blog of member organization’s project updates. This is an excellent opportunity to join the team of an international collaborative initiative to working with NGOs, businesses, and networks dedicated to environmental sustainability, transformation, and social equity. You will learn excellent skills that will prepare you for program coordination and volunteer management in your career.
- Hours and Location
- 30 hours per week
- At least 3 days per week should be spent in the FOUR YEARS. GO. office
- Duration: A three to six month commitment preferred
- Start date: As soon as possible
- This is an unpaid internship
- Coordinate outreach to allied organizations and maintain communication to provide requested support and foster relationship
- Work with FOUR YEARS. GO. staff to identify resources and contacts to help provide support to organizations and individuals
- Build coalition and network of partner organizations
- Help support the FOUR YEARS. GO. on-line Pulse Page and newsletter by reaching out to allied organizations and collecting information about their current projects.
- Demonstrated ability to build and strengthen relationships inside and outside an organization. Experience in coalition building or working with a broad base of allied organizations desired.
- Strong communication and people skills
- Proficiency with computers and internet
- Desire to take initiative and work independently
- Ability to work with a diverse group of individuals of all ages and cultures in a positive and professional manor.
- Excellent time management, organization, and decision-making skills.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred (but not required).
How To Apply
Please send your resume and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please send the email with the subject line “4YG Outreach Coordinator Internship Application – Your Name.”
blog comments powered by Disqus